Monday, October 5, 2015

Life Cycle of the Pumpkin Language Activities

October is finally here!  It is one of my favorite months to do themed projects because of all the cute pumpkin and Halloween activities floating around on Pinterest.  In the preschool world, it is also a great time to work some life science into your curriculum by teaching about the life cycle of the pumpkin.  I've been really trying to think of ways to incorporate more speech, language, and literacy into my science activities, especially with the emphasis on common core.  So I created a speech and language packet around the life cycle of a pumpkin to do with some of my students as a small group.

Here is what I included:





Since I have a wide range of ability levels in my classroom, I may pick and choose which activities I use with each group.  I tried to include a little something for everyone, including more challenging activities.  Of course, I'm viewing this through my special day class lens.  ;)

To check out this packet, click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a pumpkin-filled October!

No comments:

Post a Comment