Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Color of His Own Book Companion


I've been thinking about books that I plan to read in the fall with my students.  A great "beginning of the school year" book is A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni.  Of course it's a great book for learning colors, but it also has a great message about just being yourself and making friends.  The book itself is pretty short; great for short attention spans.  It also has very simple language, but there is lots you can do with it.  Check out my speech and language book companion.

In my book companion you will find WH-question cards with picture cues.  I also included simple yes/no questions for your very early learners.  I also included a core board with key vocabulary from the story for your limited verbal or non-verbal students.  There is also an emotion puzzle where your students can match the clue from the story to the emotion.

In addition, I have included a generic game board to work on speech sounds or language targets.  There are also color flashcards and 2 sets of sequencing flashcards.  One set is from the story and the other set contains the seasons of the year.
Finally, I have included 2 basic concepts worksheets and a set of instruction following worksheets.  I really love this book companion because I think it has something for everyone.  What a great way to incorporate language through literacy.  Grab your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment